Defeated

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 Unknown 0 Comments




I've always prided myself at having the mentality of if they can do it I can do it too.  Even though me doing it takes 20 times longer I still end up feeling proud.
So I've been tinkering with my daughters Razor Scooter and in the end I realized I needed a soldering iron so off I went to Lowe's.  I actually find an excitement searching through the tools.  Like it's a man cave and I've decided to disrupt their sacred place.  Upon entering this domain I'm always greeted with the words of "Can I help you?" Other men enter with just simple "Hellos" but me. it's always "Can I help you?" Of course I quickly respond no because I know what I want, I just need to find it.  So I spend countless time going up and down the aisles searching for the one thing I need.  I've passed it probably 20 times but I'm too stubborn to ask for help because help would mean defeat.  I finally find the soldering irons and give myself the much needed tap on the back.  I ended up picking out the Weller Cordless soldering iron.  Looks simple to use. Add batteries and turn on.
I get home and am excited to finally finish my little tinkering project.  Having that wonderful joy of knowing I did it all by myself!  I quickly get it out of the package and ready to put in the batteries.  All I have to do is pinch the tabs on the iron to release the cover for the battery compartment.  So I pinched. I pinched with all my might and the cap refuses to move! I've tried everything and I just can't get it off.  I've even googled the issue but it seems no one else is having my issue.  How can something this simple prevent me from my glory? I've tried for an hour and have even chipped two nails and still nothing.
Now I'm going to make the walk of shame into Lowe's.  I feel defeated and need them to fix it for me.  I'm sure some guy is going to easily pop it off for me but inside I'm hoping he struggles just a bit or miraculously informs me it's defective and he can't even get it off. One can only dream.
de·feat·ed
dəˈfēdəd/
adjective
  1. having been beaten in a battle or other contest.
    "the defeated army"
    • demoralized and overcome by adversity.


0 comments :

Powered by Blogger.