Using Microsoft VM to test PE ISO

Sunday, October 11, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments

I installed MS Virtual PC a while ago to use as my testing OS and today I wanted to see how easy it would be to use the VM to load my bart pe.. well it took only about 5 mins to figure it out.

Now I don't have to rip the ISO and boot the CD OS to see if what changes I make to the image, are in fact the changes that work.

Install the MS Virtual PC from your MSDN discs and once you have it installed create a new virtual machine and virtual disk. Use Other as the OS

Start the machine from the virutal disk console and all you have to do is point it to the ISO of the your pe image. The machine will be at the hit any key as it had no boot source .. when you do it will reload and will start the ISO.

And now I have a great way to quickly start up my PE image to test. This isn't anything amazing to point out. But anyone that has cut the PE image 50 times on a RW will enjoy the time saving aspects!

0 comments :

Powered by Blogger.