The Joy Of Online Dating

Thursday, January 07, 2016 Unknown 1 Comments




I recently read a blog from a good friend of mine.  He's an incredibly talented writer who truly is very blunt with his words.  He explained what he wanted in a relationship and was brutally honest.


If you happen to be dating right now most likely you're using some sort of dating app.  You scroll to pictures and any they give you an interest you take the next step and read their profile.  From that you chose to contact, like, star or what ever your options are.  If you're lucky messages are exchanged followed by phone calls.  We do all this but strangely enough no one is sure exactly what they expect to get out of the whole situation.  Yes many of us want love at first sight and we live happily ever after but most likely that won't happen anytime soon.



What are we willing to take from the newly connection?  A fun night out, friends, one night stand, casual relationship?  I ask because 99% of the time it's not happily ever after.  Some are totally zero connection which is followed by you blocking them in every possible way but what about the one's that are ok?  The one's that maybe you could build a relationship with.



I find people aren't a hundred percent honest about what they are willing to do with an encounter.  Many people end up in a one night stand because they're under the impression it means more.  One believes they must like me since we are making out and well having sex proves it but to the other well they're not really my type but who am I to turn down the opportunity for sex?  This normally ends with one person blocking and the other one hurt.



Reading my male friends blog made me realize the different wants people have when meeting someone new.  He flat out said he wanted sex but at the same time wanted a teddy bear.  He feels lonely and would love to have someone with him but doesn't really know if he truly wants a relationship. Let alone a committed relationship  He said he won't know his true feelings about wanting a relationship until he meets the person he wants to have a relationship with.  .The person he wants to have a committed relationship with.



Most of us put looking for long term relationship and yes many of us want that but in the end we're not truly offering that when we first meet.



I'm slowly dipping my feet back into the dating world which will result in online dating.  It would be nice to but shopping carts at the grocery store and find my true love but it just hasn't happened yet for me.



I truly have been putting thought into what I want and I'm not really sure.  I watch a romantic comedy and decide that's exactly what I want.  Sadly that's not reality.  I want someone to share life with. Experience things with someone else.  I'm just unsure if I want the full commitment yet. I love by bed and love the fact that no one snores beside me nor bumps or wakes me up at night.  I love having my space but then again I'd love to share my space.  Cook together, go out together, do projects together but I still truly enjoy doing my own thing.



In the end he left me confused and unsure now.



His blog is absolutely worth reading.  Here is a link to the post that had my mind thinking.








com·mit·ment
kəˈmitmənt/
noun
noun: commitment; plural noun: commitments
  1. 1.
    the state or quality of being dedicated to a cause, activity, etc.
    "the company's commitment to quality"
    synonyms: 
    dedication, devotion, allegiance, loyalty, faithfulness, fidelity
  2. "her commitment to her students"

1 comment :

  1. Thanks so much for the shout-out. But more importantly... for getting me.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.