Defeated Part 2

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 Unknown 0 Comments



I had been meaning to continue the adventure I had when I decided to purchase a Weller Soldering Iron.  Please read originally post prior to this one because this will probably be a very pointless story without part one.

Shamefully I returned to Lowe's in hopes to get help with the soldering iron.  I went to the returns counter and explained how me not being able to open the compartment for the batteries has completely ruined my life. 

The guy at the counter just smiled but I had a suspicious feeling that he was laughing at me from the inside. As he attempted to open the compartment I closed my eyes shut in hopes if I didn't see it get easily opened that perhaps it wouldn't feel as shameful.  I waited for the words "well here this just easily popped open" I kept waiting and still nothing. 

I finally took a peek and to my unbelievable joy he was still struggling at trying to open it.  I couldn't have felt better at all.

 Finally he gave up and had asked another associate to open it for him.  The other associate was younger and looked much stronger.  I thought to myself, even if he could open it I could justify that it took a super hero to get it open.  He tried several times and YES! still no luck! It was unanimously decided the soldering iron was defective.  

Now I was off searching for a replacement.  Wondering why at of all of them that I had to end up with the defective one.  I finally located the soldering guns.  At least I had pride in knowing where they were this time.  I must of looked like an absolute pro.  I grabbed one and headed back to the returns counter. I was happy to just be able to make a quick exchange.  I had a smile on my face and looking forward to finally fixing the scooter.  

The man who originally helped me suggested that we open the package to make sure the new one didn't have the same issue.  Of course it was in one of the plastic packages that require the jaws of life to open it.  He asked the girl on the other side of the counter for a pair of scissors.  She gladly got him a pair and as she handed them over to him she had asked why and of course he explained what happened.  She picked up the defective Weller soldering iron and went to try and open it.  The man and I both smiled knowing it was pointless for her to try, Just as he was about to start opening the new one she handed over the defective Weller Soldering gun with an opened compartment! My glory faded within seconds.  How was that possible!!!!  She smiled and explained how she just squeezed one of the sides instead of both.  I grabbed it and begrudgingly said thank you and headed out of the store. I got in my car shaking my head but at the same time I just wanted to get my little project done.

As soon as I got home I headed straight to the scooter. I turned on the soldering gun and went straight to work................oh no! The soldering iron wouldn't heat up!  Why didn't I try the soldering iron before leaving Lowe's???  Maybe I shouldn't have tossed it early that day in frustration when I was trying to open it!  No way was I going back to Lowe's AGAIN!  Instead I did the next best thing.  I grabbed my handy dandy easy to use no instructions needed hot glue gun.  Between electrical tape and many sticks of glue I managed to get those scooters started!  

The one thing I learned from all this.  Females might not always be the handiest when it comes to repairs but we're creative and determined,

0 comments :

Powered by Blogger.