.net 2.0 vs 2005 finally!

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments

Finally I've got ms VS 2005 .net 2.0 that took for ever to make it through the corporate red tape and onto my desk.

It's huge .. massive.. you'll need 2.0 GB plus to install this on your C: drive if you plan to do the full install..

The only issue I ran into .. for some reason I was missing the system.enterprise.dll file in my Global assembly cache .. easy to fix..

locate it in your frame work dir..
ie.
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

and drag it to the c:\windows\assembly directory.

I've just converted my first project from 03 to 05 and my only issue there was a web.config file issue.. complained about the iis virtual directory not being setup and error out at application=.
this was just the fact it was picking up the web.config file in the backup dir from the conversion process. Put the backup for your previous project pre05 somewhere else. ie. not off the root of the project.

One big pain I encountered was that my old sqldatareader calls needed the data. or system.data. added to it. shame on me for not using full paths in the first place.

0 comments :

Powered by Blogger.