C+ Runtime Error

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments

Yesterday, I had a report of our Rockwell Lanagent Clients getting a C Runtime error after they had closed the program and tried to restart it.

I was told that the error went away on re-boot.

I used my trusty old program Filemon from http://www.winternals.com/
to help understand what the system was doing.

I noticed that share locks on the debug.log file by CPHONE.exe (This is the application) and by McAfee (Network Associates) had caused a sharing violation and directly afterwords the application had a buffer overflow.

If I deleted the Debug.log file the application restarted with out the runtime error.

We fixed this with the work around of .. Adding the debug.log file and cphone.exe to the virus scanners exemption list for the On Access Scanner.

0 comments :

Powered by Blogger.